Democracy is the cornerstone of our union. As members of CSUEU, we elect the representatives who negotiate our contracts, wages, benefits, hours, and working conditions. They also represent us in the halls of the Capitol and at the Chancellor's Office. They organize on campus and in our communities while managing our finances and running our chapters. Chapter and statewide elections put the members in charge of who will be their representatives and leaders.
All Chapter Officers must complete steward training within six months of assuming the role. Completion of steward training does not require the officer to serve as a steward.
Chapter President / General Council Delegate
- Shall preside at all meetings of the Executive Board;
- review work of chapter officers and committees;
- ensure adherence to duties and responsibilities;
- represent the chapter in a professional manner;
- serve on the CSUEU Board of Directors and CSEA General Council;
- and be familiar with contract language, Chapter Bylaws, CSUEU Policy File, and Roberts’ Rules of Order.
Chapter Vice President
- Shall act for, and in the place of, the President and serve on the Executive Board.
Chapter Secretary/ Treasurer
- Provides written records of all Chapter meetings;
- maintains appropriate accounting for all chapter revenues;
- and serves on the Executive Board.
- Provides written records of all Chapter meetings and serves on the Executive Board.
- Provides accounting for all chapter revenues and serves on the Executive Board.
Chapter Bargaining Unit Representative (CBUR)
- Serves on the Executive Board;
- Serves as primary steward and communications contact for employees in their respective bargaining unit.
Chapter Organizing Chair
- Identifies and chairs the Chapter Organizing Committee;
- Develops chapter programs to promote membership recruitment;
- Coordinate the statewide organizing activities.