State Budget fails to fund 1% above Chancellor's Compact
Because the CSU has not been funded that additional 1%, and consequently does not have the funding for the negotiated salary increases for 2007/2008, the bargaining team has put together another proposal that would achieve the same goal. This proposal moves funding for market equity adjustments into general salary increases so that all employees would benefit equally. This means that a 4.25% compensation pool would allow for a GSI of 3.6%, and an SSI of 1%. The Rural Healthcare stipend would still increase by another $250 per year in affected areas. By moving the market salary adjustment funds into GSI, we would retain a 3.6% increase in GSI and a 1% increase in SSI, for a total of a 4.6% salary increase for most CSUEU employees.
CSUEU and the CSU have been consistent with their message to the legislature that an additional one percent increase is critical to the operation of the university.
Return to previous page