Why Membership Matters
2015 in Campus News, Chapter News, General, Membership
Membership makes our union stronger - and numbers matter.
Top Reasons to Be a Member
- Power and Solidarity: There is power in numbers! The more members we have, the more power we have to win better wages, benefits, and working conditions.
- Voting Rights: The right to vote on statewide and local union elections, including your contract.
- Representation: Representation for disciplinary as well as contractual issues. Assistance with work-related issues not covered by the contract.
- Education Assistance: Through the California State Employees Association (CSEA), union members are eligible for a variety of education assistance programs, including grants, scholarships, and reimbursements.
- Insurance: CSEA offers a multitude of low-fee insurance programs, including renter's, auto, travel, life, disability, cancer, and pet insurance to name a few.
- Discounts: Through CSEA, union members are eligible for discounts to movies, theme parks, water parks, and more! Includes purchasing of furniture, electronics, fitness equipment, and vacation packages.
- Death Benefit: Death benefit to your family ranging from $1,000 to $3,000
- Political Advocacy: Goal of supporting candidates who value CSU employees and who work to defeat measures that threaten our interests.
Join us! at: csueu.org/join